Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday Five - Saint Valentine's Edition

There was a time in my life that I canceled Valentine's Day.  While I had a boyfriend.  What is the point?  Cards, roses, jewelry...  For what? He seemed fine with it, he didn't have any money, and we weren't exactly soul mates.  Not that I didn't care, I just felt like it was a wasteful holiday.  It was probably invented by the card companies right?  

Two years later I had developed a love of greeting cards and completely adored the hot dude I was dating.   A very opposite situation.  Valentine's was something I still had reserved emotions about, but I actually cared about spending it with someone I was captivated by this time.  It was far from a disappointment. 

I really love Valentine's Day.  It's a little bit of glitter in a dull Utah winter.  Saint Valentine's day is cool because, a) I can use the colors pink and red together, b) a heart symbol isn't so cheesy, c) you can ALWAYS find the best love-related cards that cannot be found any other time of the year - and you know I love me some greeting cards! d) pretty flowers + chocolate indulgences, and e) it is the one time of year you get a free pass to be as mushy-gooshy as you want.

XoXo.


No comments:

Post a Comment