Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Blog Isn't Dead, And Neither Am I

During my blogging hiatus, I kept thinking I really need to blog this or that and, well, I didn't.  I didn't blog for a great long while.  And it was actually kind of nice.  I hate for this blog to feel like just another thing to do.  That type of thinking clogs the pipes in my brain, ya know?  But, I'm back.  My blog didn't die, just took a break. 


Basically, summer came and went with me wishing it's fantastic-ness would come back.  This summer may have been the best of my life - first married summer, first summer with Bruce-a-saurous Rex, lazy nights, walks by the lake, homemade jam with rasberries from the farmer's market, and my love built us a fence (with some much needed help - and I don't mean me).  Can you see why I would want it back?


Now fall is in full swing, and actually, it rocks too.  School has reached mid-term, and that makes me really totally exstatic.  I am half way there baby! 


All I want for Christmas is that stinkin' diploma.


We have been exercising a bit lately, and I have come to appreciate the stress relief of working out. We mostly just ride the upright bikes at the gym, but I have caught some sort of "biking bug". I love it. I have hated running, but made myself do it out of necessity. I always felt like I was bopping around, trying really hard to go fast, and always ended up being so so so SSLLLLOOOOWWWW. Wtf? The only drawback of the gym biking is that our tiny gym has only two upright bikes. Shane and I go together. There is always some friggin random on one bike - I don't want to sit next to them. I want to sit next to him.

You see, I have a system that induces my comfort while working out, which in turn makes me work out harder (because yes, I am a little OCD). The slightest variation just throws off my rhythm. It is as follows:


 - Shane and I ride side by side (so we can talk),


 - on the upright bikes,


 - while I read my textbook (can we say multi-tasking?),


 - and we go 9-10 miles per 1/2 hour.


This is a problem for the rest of the Daybreak gym patrons. I have to disclose now - I know, it's selfish and annoying that I even see things that way - I am not entitled to be so flippin' particular at a community gym. Who died and made me queen anyway? I totally get it. Still doesn't change my gym OCD feelings.

Just yesterday there was an older lady on one of the bikes. I sat next to her because there was only one other bike and Shane had to sit away - on the recumbant bike. In my head I am thinking, "ok, it's fine she will be off in no time." Not so, 22 minutes later. Lame point #1 for her. The second lame thing she did was try and speed up to catch me every 5 minutes - I can tell when you are watching my legs to make sure yours are at the same pace. This makes me uncomfortable. And lastly, she kept leaning to see what I was reading. What I really wanted to say was: "Listen lady, I know a spock when I see one. I am reading Evidence For Paralegals and it is as boring as it sounds. Back the freak off my grill." Someday I could get my own bike, and ride at home, and feel totally comfortable. Someday. But for now the gym will do and luckily, it's free for residents:)


Anywho, back to the update.....Shane has been picking up so much of my slack now that I am gone a lot. He vacuumes, mops, does dishes, keeps our little terrorist puppy in check, and makes me blueberry pancakes when I come home from school at 9:30 p.m. He is nothing short of amazing, and that is all there is to it. I will never be able to make it all up to him.


Basically, my life is amazing.  Things could not be better.  I am seriously happy.  And very lucky.

1 comment: