Saturday, June 4, 2011

Trying to Make Words That Don't Exist.

I can't sleep. As I lay here in bed, I cannot stop thinking about my friend Sara.  Sara's brother Chad was tragically killed in a plane crash in Wendover on Wednesday night.

There are not words sufficient enough in any language to describe how she feels, nor how sorry I am as her friend.  Sorry that there is absolutely nothing I can do to take away the all-encompassing grief I know she is experiencing.  You cannot spare someone from the pain of losing a loved one, and that in and of itself, is a wretched thing. 

If I could, I would.

Sara, she is an amazing sister.  And I mean that in the way that I think it is a talent she has.  She is so fiercely loyal and giving.  Chad's fight was always her own.  However she could be there, she was.  There will never be a question of how much she loves her brother.  She shows it every single day. 

I am incredibly lucky to call her my friend.





(On an end note, although I had met Chad at different Wade family functions, I did not know him personally.  Regardless, it is obvious the extensive positive effect his life has had on others.  My sincerest apologies and condolences go out to the Wade family).

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for her loss. Words really can't express what she and her family are going through. My prayers will be with her and her family.

    ReplyDelete